GRAND PRIZE*Enter daily from December 1, 2013 through March 15, 2014, for a chance to win a 5-day, 4-night trip for two adults from the U.S. or Canada to Great Britain. Includes round-trip (economy class) airfare out of a gateway city courtesy of British Airways, accommodations at a Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, attendance at a VIP reception at Highclere Castle (as seen in Downton Abbey) hosted by Lord and Lady Carnarvon, author of Lady Catherine, The Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey, behind-the-scenes tours of Selfridges & Co. department store (its founder, Harry Gordon Selfridge, is portrayed in MASTERPIECE’s upcoming second season of Mr. Selfridge) and the Museum of London’s forthcoming Sherlock Holmes exhibit, and more! Travel must take place July 30–August 4, 2014. ARV $5,550. (COMPLETE GRAND PRIZE DETAILS)
MONTHLY PRIZE (4 WINNERS IN TOTAL): Entry into the Sweepstakes also includes a chance to win a $500 gift certificate to ShopPBS.org to purchase DVDs and other merchandise from PBS series. Each Monthly Prize Winner remains eligible for the Grand Prize; limit of one Monthly Prize per person or household.MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIZE PARTNERS >>
- Trip for two (2) adults (over 18 years of age) to Great Britain leaving the United States or Canada on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, arriving in London July 31, 2014, and returning to the United States of Canada on Monday, August 4, 2014;
- Air travel will be via round-trip World Traveller (economy class) airfare for two (2) adults to London on British Airways from any British Airways-operated U.S. or Canadian gateway city at the time of travel*;
- Hotel accommodation for two (2) consecutive nights in central London commencing on Thursday, July 31, 2014 (single standard room, double occupancy) at a Radisson Blu Edwardian hotel in London, including daily breakfast for two (2) adults;
- Tour of the Sherlock Holmes Museum, including Museum entry tickets on August 1, 2014;
- Taxi fare from the Sherlock Holmes Museum to Speedy’s Café (portrayed in seasons one and two of Sherlock on MASTERPIECE) for coffee on August 1, 2014 with an expert(s) on the fictional character of Sherlock Holmes;
- Taxi fare from Speedy’s Café to the Museum of London on August 1, 2014 for a behind-the-scenes review of key artifacts that will appear in the Museum’s Sherlock Holmes exhibit opening in fall 2014. Entry to the Museum and lunch provided for two (2) adults;
- Admittance to and attendance for two (2) adults at the Tower of London’s evening Ceremony of the Keys held on August 1, 2014;
- Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) passes for two (2) adults to all of its London attractions;
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Selfridges & Co. in London by store specialists; includes tea for two (2); MASTERPIECE’s upcoming second season of Mr. Selfridge tells the story of store founder, Harry Gordon Selfridge;
- Two (2) round-trip tickets for two (2) adults to Paddington or Victoria Stations in London (depending on which airport the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion arrives/leaves from);
- Two (2) round-trip train tickets for two (2) adults from London to Newbury; taxi to/from the Newbury train station to The Carnarvon Arms Hotel; and, taxi to/from The Carnarvon Arms Hotel to Highclere Castle;
- Hotel accommodation for two (2) consecutive nights commencing on August 2, 2014 (standard room, double occupancy) at The Carnarvon Arms Hotel near Newbury;
- Attendance for two (2) adults to the Battle Proms held at Highclere Castle the evening of August 2, 2014;
- Attendance for two (2) adults at the Heroes at Highclere event at Highclere Castle on August 3, 2014 and at a VIP morning reception, also on August 3, 2014, hosted by Lord Carnarvon and Lady Carnarvon, author of Lady Catherine, The Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey and Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey;
- The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must travel to/from London on the following dates: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 and Monday, August 4, 2014.
VisitBritain Britain is one great film set, and has been the setting for numerous blockbuster films and TV series including the popular period drama Downton Abbey. We’ve captured the world’s imagination on TV screens, come and enjoy the stunning heritage; immerse yourself in the culture; and explore our beautiful countryside. 2014 is a great time to visit Britain.
British Airways As one of the world’s leading global premium airlines operating an extensive inter-national scheduled route network, British Airways, together with code-share and franchise partners, fly to more than 600 destinations world-wide. Born from a tradition of excellence in travel, British Airways has consistently been at the very forefront of aviation combining style, comfort and exceptional service. To Fly. To Serve.
Radisson Blu Edwardian Radisson Blu Edwardian, London is a collection of 12 luxury hotels in London, as well as a further two properties in Guildford and Manchester.The design of each hotel draws upon its own individual heritage and location. All 14 properties are united in offering guests a surprisingly cosmopolitan experience, with friendly, unpretentious service, luxurious bedrooms and facilities, cutting edge technology, complimentary wi-fi throughout and outstanding food and drink.
Highclere Castle Highclere Castle, home of the Earls of Carnarvon, is one of the best examples of early Gothic Victorian architecture. Set in glorious 18th century parkland, it provides the perfect location for the filming of Downton Abbey.
Selfridges & Co. Selfridges department store was founded by American entrepreneur Harry Gordon Selfridge and launched in 1909, it is a destination for stylish UK customers as well as visitors seeking to find the latest in British shopping experience. In June 2010 Selfridges was named Best Department Store in the world by IGDC (intercontinental Group of Department Stores). Selfridges won the title again in June 2012, for an unprecedented two times consecutively.
Museum of London Museum of London tells the story of this fantastic world city and the people who live here. Ever since his creation in late-Victorian London, Sherlock Holmes has enthralled readers and audiences alike. Our 2014 exhibition will ask who is Sherlock Holmes, and why does he endure?
Historic Royal Palaces The Tower of London, an iconic symbol of London and one of Britain’s most important historic buildings. Home to the crown jewels and over 1000 years of history, it is a must for any visitor to the UK.
ShopPBS ShopPBS.org offers the very best of PBS through a broad range of DVDs, Blu-rays, books, music, and unique gifts, including a broad collection of Downton Abbey gifts. Every ShopPBS purchase helps support the PBS programming you love.